Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10 Things I Want To Do To My House

Last May I moved into this wonderful house.  My friend needed to move to another city and needed someone to rent her house.  So I got a four bedroom house for less than $900 a month.  Finally, the kids have their own rooms.  They are so much happier.  The house is still in really good shape, but there are some things I would like to do to it.  So here is the list of ten things I would like to do to my house:

1) Line my driveway and porch with a brick barrier.  My front yard is a sand pit that comes up to the same level as my porch and driveway.  So i want to make an edging around that whole are to keep all the sand from being tracked onto the porch and then inside to my house.

2) Extend my driveway all the way to the road.  My driveway currently stops about 5 feet before the main road and is filled with rocks.  I want to lay a cement slap to extend my driveway all the way to the road.

3) New kitchen cabinets.  The kitchen cabinets are this awful white and stained from years of greasy cooking.

4) Fix my bathtub handles.  My bathtub handles are stripped.  So when you try to turn on the water, you have to push the handle back on.  And then once you let go it falls back down.  It is more annoying then anything.

5) Paint my whole house.  I promised my kids they could pick what color they wanted to paint there rooms.

6) Lay done wood flooring.  Right now we have tile and carpet in the rooms.  The carpet is a little frayed in the doorways.  It is livable, but I really want wood flooring.

7) Plant a flower garden.  The previous tenant tried to put a flower garden next to the front door.  It is not completely shambled.  I want to redo it.

8)  Replace my stove and fridge.  Again, completely usable, but I want new nicer ones.

9)  Install a dishwasher.  I hate always doing dishes by hand.

10) Replace the blinds.  They are old and broken.  I want to replace them.

No comments:

Best Blogger TipsComment here