Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The test

Last night I decided to administer a test.  Yesterday I worked from 8:30am to 6:30pm.  when I got home my husband was leaving for work.  He works 3 hours in the evening.  I got home, ate dinner, swept and mopped the house, and did 3 loads of laundry.  I did not put the laundry away.  When I took the clothes out of the dryer, I piled them up on the couch.


This morning I got up to go to work.  I had to be to work at 8:30am again.  I took the kids to school.  My husband did not work today.  Now if you read any of my other posts, my husband claims that he gets mad when I ask him to do things.  That he would do things on his own if I didn't ask.  So when I left for work I did not say anything about the laundry.  I worked again today until 6:30pm, and guess what I found when I got home:


The test was to see if he did do things on his own without me asking.  The proof shows that he doesn't.  And he wonders why I treat him like a child.  When I got home I found him playing games on the computer.  No kids or work all day.  I can only assume he played games all day.

3 comments:

  1. Looks as though there's even more on that couch! Apparently, your husband assumes you'll be his Mommy and take care of his house because he does the 'man' thing and works, so the house is his castle. It's time for you to play games on the computer and let the whole place go. Tell him you put in serious work hours, too, and you didn't marry him to be his velvet slave. There's no excuse for his behavior. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New follower from the October hop on Bloggy Moms! I hope you'll stop by and follow back! Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man.....this kind of thing TICKS ME OFF! Men are just children. Most of them. Does he read your blog? Did you tell him about the test? My guess is if you did, he didn't admit he was wrong, he probably just got mad at you. Grr.....

    I found your blog through "Life After Kids" and the Leibster Award post. I like it!

    ReplyDelete