Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I married an ass!

Today was a really "fun" day. It reminded me of what an ass I married. It started out good. Got up in time and felt well rested. Made it to work early. Today was also payday and we had a lot to catch up on. During lunch I called my husband. He was already out of work and had been to the bank. This was around 12:30. I asked him if he could go make a car payment since it was already two weeks late. I asked him not to spend any other money until we sat down and went over what bills we need to pay. We are so far behind on our bills and scrimping to catch up.
I also talked to my husband about my car. It is running awful and sometimes dies at stop lights. I told him if we had enough money after bills I wanted to start with the spark plugs and maybe get the alternator tested. He said he wanted to replace the spark plug wires. I do know a thing or two about cars. The wires are still in good condition and do not need to be replaced. So I asked him not to buy them.
Later during the day I found out we had a refresh and once again I would be working late. I called my husband to see if he could bring me something since I didn't bring a lunch. This was around two. He whined about having to go and pick up the kids. He had an hour and a half tell he had to pick up the kids. He was just being a jerk about it.
So I finally got out of work 2 hours late. I called my husband. He was at home. I asked if he had gone down and made the car payment. He said no. When I asked him why he didn't he said he didn't have enough time. He had 3 hours since the time he left the bank and had to go pick up the kids. I asked him what he was doing and he said he wanted to go home and then he went to the auto store. He picked up the stuff I asked him not to buy and some "stuff" for his car.
Now understand we have already spent over 4000 dollars on his car. He has had a new transmission put in. Loads of work done. And a new stereo system with a dvd player. A couple weeks ago after his last car project, I asked him to put a hold on his car and work on mine. My car is barely running. So even after I asked him not to spend any money tell after we went over bills, he went and spent it anyways, and it was all for himself. By the end of the day I had just had enough. I was so mad I even posted on facebook what an ass he was. Something I try to sugarcoat when I post on facebook so no one knows how bad it really is. Plus we have some friends in common. As always stories get twisted around about what I posted and he tells them I am lying and just being a bitch. Part of the reason we have so little friends in common. He has told so many stories about me that everyone thinks I am just over reacting and I am to blame. So usually I try to keep it subtle so not to stir up anything else. Guess one to many buttons were pushed today.
Well there is my vent for the day.
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. What an ass!!! This sooo makes me want to text him to get his head out of his ass again!!!! I feel for you Shannon. I know where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon!

    Okay girl, here's what I'd do ... take the car into a mechanic for a detailed estimate. Then, take the list and tell your hubs you plan on repairing your *work car* and saving money for a portion of the repairs each paycheck. ATM it! And if you have to, if he is THAT testy, withdraw cash when you go get groceries! Ha!

    If you need any more advice, email me! ;0)

    Juls~

    ReplyDelete