Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The perfect date

Last night I had the perfect date.  The evening was perfect.  It started with a nice warm bubble bath.  The candle light flickered off the walls.  The smell of wild flowers filling the hair.  And me totally at ease.  Than my date progressed to a movie and snuggling.  It was so quite and peaceful.  No trying to listen to the tv over screaming children.  I was so warm and cozy snuggling up on the couch.
Who was my date companion you ask.  It was me, myself, and I.  That's right.  A date with myself.  Being a mother of three kids and a wife to a "pita" husband; dates with myself are the best kind.  The kids went to bed early.  I filled up the top with hot water and my favorite bubble bath, then lit some candles for affect.  I laid there and just let my body soak up the warm water.  Closing my eyes, I let my other senses take everything in.  Then me and my favorite comforter snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie.  I woke up the next morning feeling so rejuvenated, that I couldn't help but agree to a second date.

1 comment: