Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blog dare 9/29/11

The item of clothing I just can't bring myself to throw away.

It is this old ragged sweater I stole from my husband when we first got together 5 years ago. It is blue and black and has a picture of a rapper cartoon on the front of it. The funny part is I can't stand rap. I like to listen to metal and all that headbanging stuff. But this sweater is oversized and so comfortable. It is soft and keeps me warm during cold winter days. I can't stand winters and I live in Arizona lol. Plus it has a hoodie for me to cover up and keep extra warm.
This sweater has been through so much. When I wear it I can think of some memories I have in it. There is stains and holes all over it. I always say the stains and holes gives it character and that it has its own personality. Several of my family members have tried to sneak it out to the trash, but they have yet to succeed. As long as my sweater is in one piece it will remain in my possesion.


1 comment:

  1. I think its awesome that you've held on to it for that long..it almost makes me sad that I have nothing I held onto from my hubby to be. And I agree holes and stains give pieces a personality lol

    ReplyDelete