Thursday, September 15, 2011

Physical Attraction

Can a person love someone that they are not physically attracted to? In my case the answer is yes. Despite all the bad mumblings I say about my husband, I do really care for him. Yet I have no physical attraction to him and do not want to be intimate with him. You see, over the last couple of years he has let go of himself. He does not take care of himself or his appearance. It will be several days before he takes a shower. The worst part of that is he works as a septic tank pumper/cleaner. A very stinky job. He also shaves only once every other week and will not trim his mustache so it starts going into his mouth.
I am not attracted to a man that does not take care of himself. I have tried to sit down and talk to him about how I feel, but that goes nowhere. He says if I love him I should want to be intimate with him no matter what.  I don't think that is the case.  At night i would ask him to shower and shave before bed. Now i am the demanding wife who treats him like a child. Really, cause i don't have a problem getting my three kids to take a shower. I have offered to take showers with him, but that is not to productive. The last couple of days I have even refused to kiss him. His mustache is so long and puffy that it runs into his mouth. It feels gross to kiss him.
So last night he goes in and takes a shower and shaves. Then he comes out in the living room and asks me to go back to the bedroom with him. I was not interested. "But I showered and shaved," he protests. If he had listen to me the hundred and one previous times I have tried to explain to him; he would know that taking one shower is not going to make me want to jump his bones. I am attracted to someone who regularly takes care of themselves and is proud of their appearence. Maybe one of these days he will get it through that rock of his. Until then I am deprived of any intimacy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one too! I'm always asking hubby to take a shower, he'll go like a week without one! Seriously WTF?!

    ReplyDelete